About the Journal
Turkey Health Literacy Journal aims to bring together the parties working on the fields of health protection/development and healthy life on a joint platform.
Health literacy means individuals achieving the necessary knowledge, skill and self-confidence level for changing their lifestyle and conditions towards improving self health and social health. It is also closely linked to understanding challenging health conditions and issues. Due to the healthcare services perceived sometimes as complex and confusing, many people have a hard time getting information about health and healthcare options.
Therefore, "Health Literacy Journal" shall be an academic journal including the scientific studies, researches and analyses conducted towards the purpose of protecting and developing the health of individuals and improving the quality of life. This international journal shall contribute to strengthening the communication and knowledge exchange between the parties included in the processes of creating and implementing policies for developing health and improving the health literacy of society. It shall be a journal as a reference source for the decision support mechanisms on the topics of formation of a healthy society.
It is an internationally peer-reviewed journal that aims to serve as an effective tool for the researchers, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and public institutions working on the field of health literacy to share their scientific assessments, research findings and analyses.
Results of studies on fields such as healthcare services, social services, social participation, health impact assessment, health protection, health improvement, poverty and social determinants of health shall be evaluated in the Journal. The Journal aims to appeal to the target group below:
- Academicians conducting studies on the fields of health, science and social sciences
- Scientists and researchers working on the fields of health literacy, health protection and health improvement
- Persons who generate policies, strategies, reports, projects and programs for revealing the relations among the topics of health protection/improvement, health literacy, healthy life and healthy environment and wish to share the results of the same
- Institutions and organisations collecting evidence regarding health literacy and high health level
- Persons who keep track of the innovations and developments on the topic of health literacy in the field of health
- Decision makers, stakeholders and sectors relevant with the fields of health, health protection/improvement, healthy environment and health literacy
- Those who conduct research studies and projects on the field of health improvement
- Public and private sector representatives working on the field of health improvement
- Policy and decision makers included within the process of producing public policies on health